L-arginine, or arginine, affects various bodily functions. Below are 6 benefit of arginine supplements.
A study on the therapeutic benefits of L-arginine concluded that there were significant positive benefits in blood pressure. They found that L-arginine supplementation helped reduce high blood pressure in the adults tested.
L-arginine helps with several body functions. It’s an amino acid used in the biosynthesis of protein, which helps the body build muscle and tissue. L-arginine also widens blood vessels.
Although a healthy body naturally produces l-arginine, it lessens its production as we age. In some circumstances, the body cannot produce enough l-arginine to meet the body’s needs, like when a person is injured or has a certain medical condition. Doctors might prescribe l-arginine in such situations.
Benefits of Taking Arginine
Once inside the body, l-arginine changes into nitric oxide. The benefits of l-arginine are many:
- Improves circulation. It opens blood vessels, which improves circulation in the body. Moreover, this can improve symptoms of clogged arteries, chest pain, and coronary artery disease.
- Enhances exercise performance. By widening the blood vessels, it allows for oxygen to properly flow throughout the body. This helps people who suffer from leg cramping and increases stamina for longer workouts.
- Reduces blood pressure. Some studies have shown that taking l-arginine can help lower blood pressure. A 2016 review of several studies found that l-arginine supplements drastically reduced systolic and diastolic blood pressure in hypertensive adults by 5.4 mm/Hg and 3.1 mm/Hg, respectively.
- Helps with erectile dysfunction. A 2019 review of 10 studies found that taking arginine supplements daily improved erectile dysfunction when compared with a placebo.
- Heals wounds faster. L-arginine is essential when your body is fighting infection or trauma, and the body needs more than the amount it produces. This is why hospitals use it in IV form when treating surgery patients or critical injury. It also helps treat sepsis, burns, and other wounds.
- Controls blood sugar in people with diabetes. Research shows that l-arginine could improve glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity. Nitric oxide plays a role in cellular function and insulin sensitivity. Therefore, it can help the body use blood sugar more efficiently.
L-arginine has been studied for its potential benefits in dealing with obesity, heart disease, cancer, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), infertility, and anxiety. Though the benefits are positive, further research is needed in these areas.
If you have a health condition or need a circulation boost, adding an l-arginine supplement to your routine could be beneficial.
There are several options out there, and HeartBeet Complete is one of the best on the market. It not only includes l-arginine, but it also has several vitamins to boost your overall health.
With l-citrulline, beetroot powder, CoQ10, vitamin B12, Magnesium, and a delicious cherry flavor, it can help add the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Try HeartBeet Complete if you want to give your health a necessary boost.