Our arteries play an absolute critical role in our health and that means keeping them as clear as possible is vital, yet many of us ignore this important aspect of our health.
Clearing clogged arteries may seem like a challenge and it can be. But with the right steps, there are things we can do to overcome clogged arteries.
Interesting fact: if you took all of the blood vessels out of an average adult and laid them out in a line, the line would stretch approximately 100,000 miles long.
Arteries are blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood throughout your body. Blood flows easily through healthy arteries. However, sometimes arteries get clogged due to a buildup of plaque on their inner walls. This arterial plaque can reduce or block the blood flow causing the arteries to harden and narrow leading to a condition called atherosclerosis. Clogged arteries significantly increase the likelihood of heart attack, stroke or heart failure potentially resulting in death.
A person’s arteries naturally get narrower over time. The process typically speeds up after the age of 30. It doesn’t usually become a health issue until the 50’s or 60’s and happens due to an unhealthy lifestyle, obesity and/or family history.
If you do have clogged arteries, what can you do about it?
Firstly, you should be consulting with not just your family doctor, but a cardiologist.
- Make lifestyle changes
- Regular cardio exercise (at least 5 times per week 30 minutes per day)
- Lose weight or maintain a healthy weight
- Eat a heart-healthy diet (1)
- Manage stress levels
- Keep blood sugars and cholesterol down
- Maintain healthy or lower high blood pressure
- Don’t smoke or quit smoking
- Drug to lower cholesterol (if applicable)
- Aspirin (recommended by medical professional)
- Blood-thinning drug
- Drug to lower blood pressure (if applicable)
- Medical procedures
- Angioplasty – helps open clogged arteries with a balloon-like device
- Stent – a small tube is placed in the artery for better blood flow
- Bypass surgery – arteries from other parts of the body move to bypass clogged arteries
What are the health complications of clogged arteries?
- Heart disease – plaque builds up in the arteries around and in the heart
- Peripheral artery disease – plaque builds up in the arms and legs
- Angina – chest pain occurs from a lack of blood flow to the heart
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
Get the Best Supplement to Help Support the Health of Your Arteries
HeartBeet Complete contains beetroot powder along with the amino acids l-arginine and l-citrulline. And you also get added support for the health of your arteries and overall cardiovascular health with turmeric and CoQ10. And HeartBeet Complete still goes a step further by including a key combination of vitamins and minerals that also help protect and support your heart.
Above all, HeartBeet Complete comes in convenient stick packs so it’s easier than ever to give your arteries the support they need.